Full membership is available to any individual who was formerly employed by USAID or its predecessor agencies (MSA, ICA) for at least 18 months and who left in good standing including:
- Former U.S. Direct Hire Employees (Civil Servants, Foreign Service Officers), Foreign Service Nationals (FSNs) and Third Country Nationals (TCNs)
- AD and Schedule C appointees
- Former employees hired through inter-agency agreements (PASA, RSSA), Fellowship programs (AAAS Fellows, Population Fellows), and Personal Services Contracts (PSCs)
Associate membership is available for widows, widowers, and former spouses and partners of USAID alumni eligible to join UAA. It is a non-voting category of membership
WHAT ARE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP LEVELS AND COSTS?
- UAA FRIENDS LEVEL: $100.00+ (For Alumni who wish to make a more generous contribution)
- UAA MEMBERSHIP
- Alumni living within a 50-mile DC radius: $75
- Alumni living outside a 50-mile DC radius, outside the U.S, or are former FSNs: $25
- UAA ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: $25.
All annual memberships are on a calendar year basis, regardless of the month in which you make your contribution.
JOINING IS EASY
To become a member or renew your membership you can use either your credit card or check:
CREDIT CARD: Click on the link below or the large blue button on the left side panel and fill in the requested information as needed for charging by credit card. Please note that the Security Code for American Express Cards is the four-digit number on the Front of the card; for other cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discovery) it is the three-digit number on the back of the card.
CHECK: Make the check out to USAID Alumni Association and mail it to: Treasurer, USAID Alumni Association, P.O. Box 16723, Alexandria, VA 22302
REGISTER AND SIGN UP FOR THE UAA DIRECTORY
Separately from becoming a UAA member, we would be pleased to add your name and contact information to our list of about 1,200 Alumni registered with us. Any USAID alumni meeting the above criteria, whether contributing financially or not to the UAA, may register with UAA to receive our emails.
You may also request to be listed in the USAID Alumni Directory. The Directory was created to be a place where former colleagues could easily renew friendships, and is accessible only to others who are in the Directory. To register, click the link below and fill out the form there. Once registered, you may ask to be added to the Directory, and will receive the password for the Directory. (Note: The UAA does not make membership lists available for commercial use.) Add your name and contact information now.
Register to Join the Alumni Directory